About the Book:
Over the last 20 years this book has earned the reputation of being one of the market leaders in the subject and has helped you score high in the General English paper of most competitive examinations. With changing times and in keeping up with the modern trends in examination papers we have provided a Question Bank comprising questions from different competitive examinations held between 2010 and 2016. In addition, we have also provided a few Full-Length Examination Papers, with their answers, to give you the experience first-hand.
Table of Content:
Unit-I: Vocabulary Usage
• Synonyms • Antonyms • Vocabulary Test • Double Synonyms • Homonyms • One Word Substitution
Unit-II: Comprehension Ability
• Comprehension-I • Comprehension-II • Theme Detection • Deriving Conclusions from Passages
Unit-III: Selecting Words/Phrases
• Sentence Completion • Passage Completion • Choosing the Appropriate Filler
Unit-IV: Error Detection
• Common Errors—How to Avoid Them? • Spotting Errors • Sentence Improvement • Passage Correction • Choosing the Correct/Incorrect Sentence
• Reconstruction of Sentences • Rearrangement of Sentences in a Paragraph • Reconstruction of Paragraphs • Rearrangement of Jumbled Parts • Word Formation
Unit VI. General Usage
• Idioms and Phrases • Active and Passive Voice • Direct and Indirect Speech • Transformation • Spelling Test
Unit VII. Latest Question Bank
Unit VIII. Latest Paper Scenario
• IBPS-CWE Bank PO/Clerical/Specialist Officers, RRB Officers; SBI-PO/Clerical; NABARD &IDBI Bank Executive Offices
• SSC-CGL (Tier I and II); SSC-CHSL (10+2); SSC-FCI Grade III; SSC-CPO/SI/ASI, Income Tax etc.
• LIC/GIC/ UIICO AAOs, etc
• UPSC-CSAT, SCRA etc; and other State Services Exams
• Railways Grade ';D' & other Technical & Non-Technical Exam
• MAT; CMAT; CET (MBA); SNAP; BBA; BBM & other B School Admission Tests
• NTSE; CLAT; Hotel Management etc.